The previous post lists the steps for getting the Photo Downloader dialog box. In review: File >Get Photos and Videos >From Camera or Card Reader (This new window that shows up is called the Photo Downloader dialog box). After you have selected what you want in the Import Settings box and BEFORE you select Get Photos…just to the left of the Get Photos button, click on the button “Advanced Dialog”. You will then be given additional window with more choices to organizing and label your pictures. There is also a section that allows you to add metadata to your pictures giving you copyright data (see Apply Metadata below) on every picture imported using this upload method.
- Once you have selected where to get the photos from, the pictures will appear.
- If you want to put pictures in different folders – select the button “Uncheck All” at the bottom left.
- At this point you will check the pictures you want, then on the right fill in the boxes to tell the computer where to put the pictures.
- If you have a number of pictures in a row: Click on the first picture in the row, hold the Shift key and click on the last picture. This will highlight all the pictures between the first picture selected and the last picture chosen.
- To select individual pictures for a given folder, click and the small box which will put a check mark indicating it was chosen. Then on the right select where to put the pictures and in which folder.