If you want photos imported from a camera, memory card or from your own files in the computer, begin by using the Tool bar at the top left: File
1. > Get Photos and Videos
- You’ll need to pick from the options to the right. Move the cursor closer to the triangle icon on the right and a new window of options will appear.
Import button will also give you #2 and #3 below
2. > From Files and Folders
- Pop up window appears giving you access to navigate into your computer.
- Double click on a folder you want imported into PSE. This will put all the images in that folder to your right. Click on the image you want imported. If you want selected images: click on an image, hold the Ctrl (Command – Mac) key and click another image, repeatedly, if needed before clicking the Open button at the bottom. If you want the whole contents of the folder: click on one image, press Ctrl (Command – Mac) and the “a” key, this will select/highlight all the files. Then press the Open button. The files and the folder will then appear in the PSE Organizer under My Folders.
3. > From Camera or Card Reader
- From Camera or Card Reader – After selecting this, a new window appears
- In the Source box: Use the drop down menu to select where the pictures are located ie; memory card, camera (attached by cable).
- In the Import Settings box: To the right of the words “Location”, Check to see if what is listed and decide if this is where you want the photos put. If not, use the Browse button to navigate into your computer and select a folder to put the pictures in. You can then select and name an additional folder to put the picture is. For example: navigate to “My Pictures”, then add a folder named Vacation to put the pictures in (that are currently on a memory card.)
- Decide and select if you want to rename your files.
- Decide and select if you want the images deleted from the memory card (leaving them on the card and reformatting in the camera keeps the memory card cleaner)
- Click “Get Photos” button at the bottom of this new window.