While still in the Organizer you can do some quick editing using the “Instant Fix” button at the bottom of the screen. Once you click it a side panel on the right appears. You have some automatic choices: contrast, red eye, color, sharpen, levels, and smart fix. You can also crop.
- Select an image by double clicking on it. This will make it large, but you will still be in the Organizer.
- On the right are the adjustment options. If your image is a JPEG file, after you select an adjustment the computer will automatically make the adjustment on a new file. A pop up window shows the adjustment as it is making its changes. You will then see a square icon in the upper right hand corner to indicate this is a duplicate. This image will then be stacked with the original in the Organizer.
- If you don’t like the adjustment, select the Undo button on the lower left.
- Your file is automatically saved and stacked with the original.
- If you are using a RAW file, a different dialog box will open. You will need to choose a file format: JPEG, PNG, TIFF or PSD. Check the box if you want this to be an “always” preference. Click OK.