Although icons can make some tasks as simple as pressing a button, sometimes the keyboard is still faster or easier. While in the Expert Tab section of the Editor you have many button/ icons and I use almost all. Below are my favorites keyboard strokes for tasks that I use often.
- Ctrl + makes the image zoom in
- Ctrl – makes the image zoom out
- Bracket keys (to the right of the letter P) will adjust the size of a tool: brush, clone
- PSE 12 has a nice icon above the layers for making a duplicate layer – you can click on the background and drag it up to the icon/button. Or you can use Ctrl J.
- Other keyboard actions like Word: Ctrl C copy, Ctrl V paste, right click will give you menu options
- Press the spacebar and click the mouse to get a temporary “hand” – you can then move the image around. This is very useful when the image is zoomed in and you are using the clone stamp.